GSA Phone Bridge Intergroup Meeting Agenda
July 14, 2019
“This we owe to GSA’s future; to place our common welfare first, to keep our Fellowship united. For on GSA unity depend our lives, and the lives of those to come.”
Open with the Unity Pledge, Serenity Prayer and reading of the 12 Traditions.
In Attendance (18 callers):
9 GSRs (Two of whom are trustees)
Motion made, seconded, and passed to Accept the Treasurer’s reports as posted on the website.
Motion made, seconded, and passed to Accept the minutes from the previous IG Meeting as posted on the website.
- Announced: Weekly Friday morning meetings were started, with one or two attendees. The IG voted last quarter to post notes from those meetings online. Because of the low attendance, the meetings ended and no notes were posted.
- Announced: The Phone Bridge will have one ISR, the Chair of the Phone Bridge Intergroup, Kathleen from MI. We will hold an “extra” IG meeting at the end of August (September 8, 2019 5-6pm), to tally all the groups’ votes on the various motion for her to carry to the World Service Conference in September.
- Update on the Beginner’s Meetings: Coordinator has been able to obtain leaders for all meetings for two rotations of service (15-20 people in attendance on average).
- Motions made, seconded, and passed to remove the following meetings from the website schedule: 1AM meetings, five 7PM literature meetings, and the two 11PM meetings.
Note: we will revisit this at the October IG meeting.
Business deferred to next Intergroup Meeting (October 13, 2019; 5-6pm):
- Informing groups of our progress on the operating budget (year to date).
If you have additional new business please e-mail us at email@example.com with any new items you would like to discuss at the IG level. Only items that affect the phone bridge are discussed at the IG level.
The meeting closed at 6:05pm with the Responsibility Pledge & the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer.
“I am responsible…when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help I want the hand of GSA always to be there. And for that – I am responsible.”