GSA Phone Bridge Intergroup Meeting Minutes
Download Printable Copy Phone Bridge Intergroup Meeting Minutes July 11, 2021
July 11, 2021
3-4 pm EST
The meeting opened with the Unity Pledge and the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer. The Twelve Traditions were read.
Trustees: 3 (all three are also GSRs)
Listeners: 1 (WS BOT Liaison)
Meeting Leader: Debra L.
Motion to accept the June 2021 Treasurer’s Report was made, seconded, and passed.
Motion to accept the minutes from the April 2021 IG meeting was made, seconded, and passed.
- All meeting formats have been updated. Updated formats are available on the website, along with an announcement explaining the updates. GSRs and meeting Leaders should download these updated formats from the website.
- The Phone Bridge Trustees are currently looking to fill three positions on our Board: Chairperson, Secretary, and PM Marathon Liaison. Descriptions of the positions are posted on the website.
- The 2021 World Service Conference will be held virtually via Zoom on Sunday, October 17, 2021. It is a 5.5 hour-long conference. Any Phone Bridge GSRs who have registered and not been reimbursed by their groups can submit their receipt to the Trustees for reimbursement.
- Kathleen, ISR, indicated she would be able to update the group on the recent WSC meeting if there is time.
- Discussion of adding a page to our website on the history of the Phone Bridge Intergroup. GSRs were to bring back to their groups for vote and report back at this IG meeting. Results: some GSRs were not aware of the proposal; some did not have time during their group’s business meeting to bring it before their groups; one brought it before their group but group had questions before voting on it. A Trustee explained the proposal was simply to add a one-page history of how the PB got started, how moderators came about, incorporation of the PB, etc. “History of the Phone Bridge” could appear as a menu item on left side of website page.
- Discussion of using the newly proposed GSA Responsibility Pledge on the Phone Bridge IG Business Meeting format. Old GSA Responsibility Pledge: “I am responsible…when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help I want the hand of GSA always to be there. And for that – I am responsible.” This is the A.A. Pledge, substituting GSA for A.A., and used by the Phone Bridge without permission from A.A, as it was not known that permission was needed. Recently, when A.A. was approached, they requested that we no longer use their Pledge. The WS BOT asked the Literature Committee to come up with a pledge specific to GSA. New Pledge: “When anyone, anywhere, realizes they have a problem with food I want them to think of the GreySheet solution, and for that I am responsible.” This Pledge was approved by BOT and then approved by a meeting of ISRs and committee chairs. However, it still must be officially voted on at the WSC in October. A Trustee notes that the Pledge appears ONLY on the Phone Bridge Intergroup Business Meeting format, and not on any other PB formats. The groups are not voting on the content—only whether or not it should appear on the PB IG BM format. The content of the Pledge is not up for a vote. At the end of this discussion, a GSR proposed that, given that it is not yet officially voted on at the WSC, the question of whether or not to include it should not go to the groups until after the WSC.
- Eunice will be resigning her position of PM Marathon Liaison effective September 1. She has recruited Marathon Coordinator for the Labor Day Marathon. A replacement PM Marathon Liaison needs to be found as soon as possible so the Halloween Marathon PM portion can happen.
- There was time remaining in the meeting so Kathleen summarized the recent Committees Connecting meeting, where Public Information Committee and Communications Committee WSC resolutions were discussed.
GSRs who have additional new business for an upcoming PB IG meeting can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any new items to be discussed at the IG level. Only items that affect the Phone Bridge are discussed at the IG level.
The next Intergroup meeting is scheduled for Sunday October 10 at 3:00 pm.
Closed with the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer.
[Responsibility Pledge removed. New GSA Responsibility Pledge to appear in future IG meeting formats if groups approve including it ]