January 8, 2023
3-4 pm EST
Downloadable Printable Copy
Intergroup meeting phone number: 712-432-5229, passcode 4320188#
Cathy B. opened the meeting with the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer and a reading of the 12 Traditions.
Carrying Group’s vote: 3
Meeting attendees identified themselves and gave their service position: Trustee, GSR, listener, or person who is carrying their group’s vote.
Motion was made to accept the October 16, 2022 Treasurer’s report as posted on the www.greysheetmeetings.org website. Motion was seconded, and passed.
Motion was made to accept the minutes from the October PB IG meeting as posted on the www.greysheetmeetimgs.org website. Motion was seconded, and passed.
- Phone Bridge GSRs: please email Trustees at email@example.com to let us know for which meeting you are the serving GSR.
- Only ISRs may order GreySheets however, the PB IG does not currently have an ISR. 2022 GreySheets are available via geographically local Intergroups. Individual qualified GS sponsors may request from their local IG (e.g. sponsor in MA or CT could request from Northeast IG). Link to list of Intergroups and their contacts is on our website.
- Phone Bridge IG needs an ISR (Intergroup Service Representative) to represent the PB IG as a whole at World Service Conference. An ISR can distribute 2022 GreySheets to sponsors in the IG. This position requires 3 years abstinence and experience with GS PB service. ISR terms are for 2 years.
- At the October Phone Bridge IG Meeting the GSRs and the Group Voting representatives had taken the following suggested format changes to their groups for their voting preferences. Motions were made, seconded and passed to:
- Add Reference to Phone Bridge Statement on Safety
- Add Reference to Phone Bridge website
- Add short 7th Tradition announcement to Relapse/Recovery Meetings
- Include in the formats reference not only to pressing *1 for muting but also using other keypad commands such as for raising and lowering volume
It was decided to table the following: Concern expressed from some members that we not give the appearance of GSA endorsing a religion. We want all to feel welcome; that we are a spiritual, not religious, program. Add to the format a request to refrain from mentioning specific religious figures (or similar wording)?
- In the October IG Meeting Cathy had spoken of regretting the time that it takes for the PB Intergroup to come to decisions, due to the IG meetings only occurring 4 times a year. She had suggested that in the future the Phone Bridge Intergroup could meet every other month instead of quarterly, so 6 meetings a year instead of 4. This would facilitate actions taken in a timelier manner.
A motion was made seconded and passed to meet every other month. The remaining 2023 Meetings will be on March 5, May 14, July 9, September 10, and November 12.
- New PB IG Board of Trustees Member:
A motion was made, seconded and passed to have Joyce S., Kansas be our new Reporting Treasurer. Thank you, Joyce, for volunteering for this important position!
We would also like to thank Nancy for her service as our outgoing Reporting Treasurer. Your service is appreciated.
Note: Cathy explained that we the Phone Bridge IG has two treasurers: the Receiving Treasurer (Linda L.) who receives and deposits donation checks in our Bank of America account; the Recording Treasurer keeps track of donations in bank and PayPal accounts, pays our contractors, pays out reimbursements to GSRs for their WSC expenses, and does them monthly treasurer’s report.
- The 2023 PB IG Budget: After the budget was reviewed and discussed with Cathy B. answering clarifying questions, a Motion was made, seconded, and passed to accept the 2023 PB IG Budget.
If you have any additional new business, please email us at least a week before the IG meeting with any new items you would like to discuss.
The next Intergroup meeting is scheduled for Sunday, March 12, 2023 at 3:00 pm EST.
Close with the Responsibility Pledge & the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer.
“When anyone, anywhere, realizes they have a problem with food, I want them to think of the GreySheet solution. For that, I am responsible.”