GSA Phone Bridge Intergroup Meeting Minutes
January 8, 2017; 5-6pm EST
Meeting opened at 5:00 pm with the Unity Pledge, Serenity Prayer and reading of the 12 Traditions.
17 GSRs & Officers
5 PBIG Trustees
Motion made, seconded and passed: To accept the 2017 budget (15 approve, 0 oppose, 2 abstentions).
Motion made, seconded and passed: To accept the service qualification as voted on by groups (17 approve, 0 oppose, 0 abstention). (After the meeting, one GSR asked to correct her vote – she did not understand the question and called the chair to clarify.)
Report of Service Manual Committee
- Now working on the Table of Contents
- Please ask all interested members to sign up for News and Updates
Motion made, seconded and passed: Continue to work on Service Manual weekly and report at the quarterly IG meetings (16 approve, 0 oppose, 0 abstentions).
Vote on next topic for IG group discussion
- Sponsor List on our Phone Bridge (2 votes)
- Representation at the 2018 WSC (15 votes)
- Identifying GSRs and support them in service (1 vote)
- When someone is clarifying the GS, that needs to be handled more carefully – looking for our process to be clarified (1 vote)
- Training for Leaders (4 votes)
- New service position – scribe (0 votes)
- Clarifying how voting at business meetings work (0 votes)
Announcement: Until the IG has had a chance to talk about creating a service position to maintain the sponsor list (and liability issues have been clarified) the person who currently maintains the list will direct folks requesting the list to the sponsor list on www.greysheet.org.
Next topic for sharing at the April 10, 2017 Intergroup meeting; Representation for the Phone Bridge at the 2018 WSC.
The meeting closed at 6pm with the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer.
Kathleen in MI