GSA Phone Bridge Intergroup Meeting Agenda
July 8, 2018; 5-6pm EST; 712-432-5229; 4320188#
“This we owe to GSA’s future; to place our common welfare first, to keep our Fellowship united. For on GSA unity depend our lives, and the lives of those to come.”
Open with the Unity Pledge (above), Serenity Prayer and reading of the 12 Traditions.
Attendance: GSRs & Officers; PBIG Trustees; ____Attenders
- visit http://greysheetmeetings.org/intergroup-donations/treasurer-reports/ or sign up for News and Updates for the most current treasurer’s report available
- Report of Service Manual Committee
- SMC is on break until the first Friday in September
- Open meeting to discuss the formats resulted in announcement sent through News and Updates.
- Today’s topic will be: Filling Trustee vacancies or discussing what to do if critical service positions are not filled.
Background: The primary responsibility of the Trustees is to make sure the Phone Bridge IG corporation is solvent and to support the mission of the GSA Phone Bridge. The trustees recruit/train/support the moderators to keep meetings quiet; they oversees the website and responds to requests for contact from GSA by newcomers; and they make sure we are financially stable to support the website, have a yearly external review, and participate in WS conferences). In January 2018 we had 7 Trustees.
Over the last several months we have had 2 trustees step down (with one replacement in place), recently a third stepped down for health reasons, and we have 3 trustees rotating out of service in November. We were able to recruit one additional trustee, but we need at least three more. The positions to fill are: Chairperson, Reporting Treasurer, Moderator Liaison, Marathon Coordinator.
We also have a receiving treasurer (not necessarily a Trustee position) that is rotating in November. The requirements for service on this level are:
- At least three years of back-to-back GreySheet abstinence (as we define it)
- Willingness to attend quarterly Trustee meetings and quarterly IG meetings
- Willingness to do additional service (specific to each position) between the quarterly meetings
- Chairperson (approximately 1-2 hour/month – create agenda for
Trustee meeting and IG meeting, chair both meetings, review minutes for both meetings, actively recruit new trustees)
- Moderator Liaison (1-2 hours/month – liaison with phone bridge company, keep moderator list, change codes when necessary)
- Marathon Coordinator (1 hour/month – recruit and support am and pm marathon coordinators for 6 marathons/year)
- Reporting Treasurer (2-4 hours/month – pay IG bills, create monthly financial reports, provide documentation on a yearly basis to the accountant who reviews our financials)
- Additionally, needs to be financially solvent, comfortable with (or willing to learn): MS Excel, online banking, and Dropbox.
- Two-minute timed shares
- Next Intergroup meeting will be the first Sunday in October (October 7, 2018; 5-6 pm on the IG phone and pin)
- All announcements for our parent organization are available on www.greysheet.org http://www.greysheet.org (in a Newsletter called Service Matters)
New Business: please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com least 14 days before the next IG meeting with any new items you would like to discuss at the IG level. Only items that affect the phone bridge are discussed at the IG level.
Closed with the Responsibility Pledge & the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer.
“I am responsible.when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help I want the hand of GSA always to be there. And for that – I am responsible.”