GSA Phone Bridge Intergroup Meeting Agenda
July 12, 2020
3-4 pm EST (Note New Time)
“This we owe to GSA’s future; to place our common welfare first, to keep our Fellowship united. For on GSA unity depend our lives, and the lives of those to come.”
Open with the Unity Pledge, the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer and reading of the 12 Traditions.
Motion: to accept the Treasurer’s reports as posted on the www.greysheetmeetings.org website.
Motion: to accept the minutes from the previous IG Meeting as posted.
- CORRECTION: the 2020 WSC is postponed to 2021 primarily because the WSC committees want to take more time to work on the proposed motions so that the fellowship’s time and money is well spent.
- INFORMATION: It was brought to the attention of the phone bridge trustees, that the chair’s handling of a disruptive situation on the phone bridge around 6 months ago was not in alignment with our safety policy. We have corrected the situation and she apologizes for her actions.
- INFORMATION: The trustees are currently looking to fill two positions on our Board. One member at large, the other someone willing to become the Chairperson in 2021.
- Do we want to continue meeting at 3-4 pm?
- Amending the 7th Tradition announcement section of the formats to provide more information about how we use our funds and how to contribute (present 1 month ahead of time to groups to discuss).
- Motion from the Phone Bridge Intergroup to the WSC of using video conferencing for our WSC.
- Talking about adding a page to our website on the history of the phone bridge intergroup.
- Announcing the GS Daily Reflections workshops.
- Someone has approached the IG about re-starting a couple of meetings in the later time slots.
- We need to consider our use of AA’s Unity Statement and Responsibility Pledge. GSA has crafted a Responsibility statement. When that has been approved, we can simply begin using that. The Unity Statement is part of AA, and we have not (nor has GSA) requested to use it. Is this something the phone bridge would like to continue to use and how would we like to go about getting the appropriate approval?
If you have additional new business please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any new items you would like to discuss at the IG level. Only items that affect the phone bridge are discussed at the IG level.
Close with the Responsibility Pledge & the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer.
“I am responsible…when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help I want the hand of GSA always to be there. And for that – I am responsible.