Apr 12, 2015
“This we owe to GSA’s future; to place our common welfare first, to keep our Fellowship united. For on GSA unity depend our lives and the lives of those to come.”
- Open with the Declaration of Unity Pledge, the Serenity Prayer, and the reading of the 12 Traditions.
- Attendance: GSRs, Intergroup officers and Trustees, Attenders.
- Approval of the previous Intergroup Meeting Minutes.
- Acceptance of the previous Treasurer’s report.
- Intergroup Meetings are usually held on the second Sunday of the month.
- Next Open Intergroup: May 17, 2015 5-6:00 pm EST on the Intergroup line. Pin = 4320188# All are welcome to attend and participate
- THIS IS THE THIRD SUNDAY – meeting postponed due to Mother’s Day.
- Next Traditions meeting (where we study the Tradition of the month) is May 17, 2015 from 4-4:45 PM EST just before the regular PBIG meeting on the Intergroup line. Pin = 4320188# Everyone is welcome to participate.
- Committee Reports
- Treasurer’s Report (Finance/Incorporation)
- Website Committee
- Structure Committee
- Remember: all are welcome to attend, ask questions, and speak during sharing sessions. However, only elected GSRs and Phone Bridge Officers vote.
- Report on previous motion:
- The Intergroup has been wrestling with the concern around leaderless meetings. The Monday thru Friday 7 PM meetings along with the Saturday and Sunday 6 PM meetings are all literature meetings which study either the 12 & 12 or the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. After about a year, it appears that these meetings remain leaderless with no support. There has been a proposal to “close” these meetings which would mean that these meetings would be removed from our website calendar. The Intergroup requests that if a group has an objection to closing these meetings, please come to the April Intergroup meeting with the names of the people who will lead and take responsibility for the meeting they want to keep open. Any meeting which remains leaderless after our April Intergroup meeting will be removed from the calendar.
- Report: Do any of these meetings now have a leader?
- Old Business:
- We need a new Intergroup Secretary! Present duties of IG Secretary.
- Open Discussion Topic:
- At GSA Open Phone Bridge Intergroup meetings we use the AA “Sharing Session” approach for all topics of discussion. For each topic, a member may speak for up to two minutes. No one will speak more than once per topic until all members have shared at least one time. Participants will be called on in the order in which they identified themselves. Please be respectful of this approach. The purpose is to allow all voices to be heard in order to discern if we have substantial unanimity on a topic. Our open sharing sessions are not necessarily attempting to reach substantial unanimity or a decision at this time.
- Close with the “I am responsible…” pledge and the “WE” version of the Serenity Prayer
“I am responsible…when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help. I want the hand of GSA always to be there. And for that – I am responsible”