GSA Phone Bridge Intergroup Meeting Minutes for October 14, 2018
“This we owe to GSA’s future; to place our common welfare first, to keep our Fellowship united. For on GSA unity depend our lives, and the lives of those to come.”
We opened at 5:00pm with the Unity Pledge (above), Serenity Prayer and reading of the 12 Traditions.
Attendance: 6 GSRs & Officers; 4 PBIG Trustees; 5 Attenders
MOTION made, seconded, and passed to accept the Treasurer’s Report as posted on the website.
MOTION made, seconded, and passed to accept the 2019 proposed budget (as posted on our website)
MOTION made, seconded, and passed to accept the slate of nominations below:
- Chairperson: Kathleen H. from MI
- Secretary: Linda L. from CA
- Reporting Treasurer: Cathy B. from NY
- Savings Treasurer (for WSC Phone Bridge Delegates): Joey from NY
- Website Liaison: Debra L. from SC
- Marathon Liaison: Nancy from IL
- Moderator Liaison: Samein from NY
- Phone Bridge Conference Company Liaison: Samein from NY
- Receiving Treasurer (not a trustee, but rotating): Linda L from CA
- The following items were added to the new business for future meetings:
- Two meetings would like further explanation about how we vote in Trustees (specifically seeking an understanding of voting a slate vs. voting in individuals)
- One GSR asked for more information about the process of nominating the Trustees and how many Trustee positions there are
- Do we want to go back to monthly Intergroup meetings beginning in 2019 to keep the groups better informed (especially as we approach the 2019 WSC and various motions that we need to hear group conscience about)?
- All present shared and responses were generally uncertain about what the groups want
- A number stated that as GSRs they may not be able to attend monthly meetings
- A number also stated that the idea may promote the sense of inclusion for the groups in the IG processes
- Summary: GSRs can decide whether or not they choose to bring this issue back to their group
We did not have time to address the issue below, but the question was presented to the GSRs as a possible issue to raise with their group as well.
- Do we want to have specific Trustees assigned to time slots to carry information to the GSRs/meetings?
- Next Intergroup meeting will be the second Sunday in January (January 13, 2019; 5-6 pm on the IG phone and pin)
- Next Trustee meeting will be the third Sunday in January (January 20, 2019; 5-6 pm on the IG phone and pin)
- All announcements for our parent organization are available on greysheet.org (in a Newsletter called Service Matters)
New Business: please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 14 days before the next IG meeting with any new items you would like to discuss at the IG level. Only items that affect the phone bridge are discussed at the IG level.
The meeting closed with the Responsibility Pledge & the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer at 6:01pm.
“I am responsible…when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help I want the hand of GSA always to be there. And for tha