Correction: Next Intergroup Meeting will held January 14, 2018, 5pm-6pm ET
GSA Phone Bridge Intergroup Meeting Minutes
October 8, 2017
“This we owe to GSA’s future; to place our common welfare first, to keep our Fellowship united. For on GSA unity depend our lives, and the lives of those to come.”
Meeting opened at 5:00pm with the Unity Pledge, Serenity Prayer and reading of the 12 Traditions.
8 GSRs & Officers
3 PBIG Trustees
- Report of Service Manual Committee
- Working on three documents called: The Importance of Service, The Importance of Rotation of Service, and How to encourage members to service and to allow room for rotation of service.
- Finishing the service positions of: Meeting Booker, Meeting Treasurer, and Meeting Moderator.
- New meeting time: Friday mornings 7:30-8:30am.
- Please ask all interested members to sign up for News and Updates
Motion made, seconded, and passed: to approve the 2018 GSA Phone Bridge Budget.
At our January 8th meeting we had 7 topics we prioritized and have addressed the five below:
- Sponsor List (referring folks to the greysheet.org website)
- Supporting GSRS in service (GSR tool kit)
- Training Leaders (Leaders tool kit)
- Representation at the 2018 WSC (Established the IG fund to begin saving)
- New service position of scribe (See leader or GSR tool kit)
Announcement for meetings who send their contributions to the Phone Bridge Intergroup to incorporate into their format:
- The 7th Tradition states we are fully self-supporting declining outside contributions. The treasurer for this meeting is __________________
- This meeting has decided to send its’ contributions to the GSA Phone Bridge Intergroup. To send support for the general operating budget, call Linda L. in CA (310) _______________. To support sending delegates to the WSC Delegates, call Marilyn H. in NY (347) _______________.
Group Conscience for January Intergroup Meeting Discussion (January 14, 2018, 5-6pm EST)
What do members do when leaders or trusted servants openly share that they are not GreySheet abstinent or openly state that they are eating things not on the GreySheet and their sponsor states that they are GreySheet abstinent, and continue to give service on the bridge?
Closed with the Responsibility Pledge & the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer at 6:03pm.
“I am responsible…when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help I want the hand of GSA always to be there. And for that – I am responsible.”