Intergroup meeting phone number: 712-432-5229, passcode 4320188#
Open with the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer and reading of the 12 Traditions.
Carrying group’s vote________
Meeting attendees identify themselves and give their service position: Trustee, GSR, listener, or person who is carrying their group’s vote.
Motion to accept the October Treasurer’s reports as posted on the www.greysheetmeetings.org website.
Motion to accept the minutes from the September IG Meeting as posted.
Topics to be further discussed from September
- GSRs for a series of meetings (example: daily 5:30 am Meetings – one GSR) – Discussion: Suggestions were made to reference the GSR Tool Kit on the greysheetmeetings.org website, which brought up the question of whether or not the Tool Kit needs revision. Part of the revision process would be to check if PB GSRs qualifications and responsibilities are in-line with the GSAWS GSRs. These GSRs could have Business meetings quarterly; however, when concerns were raised about how to fill all service positions (leaders and bookers) quarterly, it was suggested to have the Business Meetings on the last day of the month and fill positions for meetings of all 7 days, same time slot (for example, 5:30am, 7 am, 10 am, 9 pm), at that time. There was concern that there aren’t enough people who will volunteer for these positions, but one meeting attendee said that in another 12-step program she attends, this monthly business meeting approach has worked effectively, no problem with getting volunteers.
- Meeting Leader Training – Discussion: Concerns that people aren’t using updated formats could be addressed by suggesting that new leaders check for updated formats. New leaders could also be politely texted to address current format changes. Former leaders could train newly rotating leaders by going over the format with them. The Business Meeting format could include a list of “need to know items” for incoming leaders, including a suggestion that all leaders sign up for News and Updates on the website. Our GSRs could check with their meeting leaders to make certain that correct formats are used. Also, there is a Meeting Leader ToolKit on our website that needs review and updating.
- Make the announcement portion of the meeting shorter – Discussion: It was suggested to make Phone Bridge announcements only – no announcements about Zoom, in-person meetings, including retreats. Only OK to make a short reference and direct people to Events on the World Service website. We could also make a short announcement and reference our greysheetmeetings.org website for more information.
- Recording Marathon Speakers. Tabled for the November meeting
- Members referring to non-CAL literature and non-12 step programs. Chair spoke with one Phone Bridge member who has been doing this. She said she will no longer make these references. Still need: New wording for meeting formats to explain what is CAL, Traditions 6 and 10, etc.
If you have additional New Business, please email us at email@example.com at least two weeks PRIOR to the next Intergroup meeting with any new items you would like to discuss. The next Intergroup meeting is scheduled for Sunday, November 12, 2023, at 3:00 pm.
Close with the Responsibility Pledge & the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer.
Responsibility Pledge “When anyone, anywhere, realizes they have a problem with food, I want them to think of the GreySheet solution. For that, I am responsible.”