July 10, 2022
Intergroup meeting phone number: 712-432-5229, passcode 4320188#
Open with the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer and reading of the 12 Traditions.
Carrying group’s vote___________
Meeting attendees identify themselves and give their service position: Trustee, GSR, listener, or person who is carrying their group’s vote.
Motion to accept the Treasurer’s reports as posted on the www.greysheetmeetings.org website.
Motion to accept the minutes from the previous IG Meeting as posted.
- Statement on Safety: See the Statement on Safety (last page of agenda). The Phone Bridge Trustees would like to discuss the importance of all members of our meetings being able to feel safe so that the focus can be on recovery from compulsive eating. The Statement on Safety has been recently posted to the website. Announcements have been made regarding its existence and encouraging people to download and read it. Chair will read it on the meeting and open the topic to discussion.
- Prudent Reserve: prudent reserve came about before the IG officially formed and had a budget. So meetings kept reserve in case expenses came up (such as charge for the conference call company). Now there is an IG and a budget and that is the budget that we ask members to contribute to. If any expenses come up the IG budgets for them and pay for them. No need to individual groups to keep a prudent reserve. However this is up to each group’s group conscience.
- Our Phone Bridge Formats have been updated to remove the following wording: “Make sure to indicate on your check or PayPal donation where you’d like to direct the funds – either operating budget or delegate budget.” We no longer have separate budgets so all donations go to one Phone Bridge Intergroup budget.
All Meeting Formats that contain the 7th Tradition announcement have been updated on the website.
Moderator Liaison position: Phyllis is stepping down after 3 years of service. Thank you Phyllis! We will need a new Moderator Liaison after the Labor Day marathon. 3 years abstinence is suggested for this position. Term is 2 years. Please go to our website greysheetmeetings.org, click on Intergroup, then Service Positions, for the description of the Moderator Liaison position. If you are interested or would like to nominate someone, contact the phone bridge trustees at: email@example.com
If you have additional new business please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org PRIOR to the IG meeting with any new items you would like to discuss at the IG level. Only items that affect the Phone Bridge are discussed at the IG level.
The next Intergroup meeting is scheduled for Sunday, October 9, 2022, at 3:00 pm.
Close with the Responsibility Pledge & the “We” version of the Serenity Pra
Responsibility Pledge “When anyone, anywhere, realizes they have a problem with food, I want them to think of the GreySheet solution. For that, I am responsible.”
GSA Phone Bridge Statement on Safety
Safety on the GSA Phone Bridge Meetings: Our Common Welfare
Tradition One Long Form: Each member of GreySheeters Anonymous is but a small part of a great whole. GSA must continue to live or most of us will surely die. Hence our common welfare comes first. But individual welfare follows close afterward.
The GSA Phone Bridge is committed to maintaining our meeting space (the conference call line) as a place of safety for all our meetings and members. Our goal is to provide a safe meeting place for all attendees and encourage all to foster a secure and welcoming environment for our meetings to take place. As our traditions remind us, the formation and operation of a GSA Phone Bridge group resides with the group conscience. Therefore, we ask that group members and others refrain from any behavior that might compromise another person’s safety. Also, we encourage members to take any precautions anyone feels necessary to maintain their own personal safety.
We have adopted a preferred way of handling disruptions that occur every so often on our Bridge. Here is our step-by-step approach to address repeated and serious disturbances as quickly, but as respectfully as possible.
- During a meeting where a repeated disruption occurs, the leader is empowered to ask the person to stop.
- Similarly, during a meeting where a repeated distraction occurs, the leader can ask the moderator to mute the line.
- Should these two steps not be sufficient, the leader or concerned member(s) can contact the GSA Phone Bridge Intergroup Trustees at: email@example.com, and request help dealing with the disruption.
- Each request for help will be reviewed by the trustees and should the disruption warrant further action, the GSA Phone Bridge trustees would contact the person privately to ask that the disruptions stop, and refer them to the safety policy If they have any further questions or concerns.
- If the behavior continues after a warning, the trustees will contact the Phone Bridge company and ask them to block the person from participating on the Bridge for 30 days.
- Until the person clearly informs the trustees (firstname.lastname@example.org) that he/she will attend meetings without creating disruptions, the block would stay in place.