GSA Phone Bridge Intergroup Meeting Minutes
July 9, 2017
“This we owe to GSA’s future; to place our common welfare first, to keep our Fellowship united. For on GSA unity depend our lives, and the lives of those to come.”
Meeting opened at 5:00pm with the Unity Pledge, the Serenity Prayer and reading of the 12 Traditions.
2 temporary GSRs
Motion made, seconded, and passed (10 yes, 0 no, 2 abstains): To accept the proposal of establishing a separate savings account with a separate treasurer, Marilyn from NY, specifically to save for Phone Bridge 2018 World Conference delegates.
We will send out notification thru MailChimp about how to announce and how to contribute.
Treasurer’s Report: May and June Budgets are posted on the website. We are slightly below budget for contributions (3% less). We are, however, spending 6% less than our operating budget, so are supporting ourselves with a small margin to spare.
Service Manual Committee Report
- The SMC has met weekly for approximately 1 year with attendance between 8-15 people each Friday morning from 6:30-7:30am ET
- We have completed the write-up for two service positions: Group Leader and General Service Representative
- We have also completed a first draft of a “Tool Kit” for both of those positions. They Tool Kits are available for trusted servants to try out and to give feedback. Each Tool Kit includes a one page checklist that can be checked off for each meeting the Leader or GSR conducts (it can serve as a “record” for the group he/she serves.
- Lastly, we are taking a Summer Break and have folks working on Meeting Booker, Meeting Treasurer, and Meeting Moderator descriptions in smaller work groups. We will resume meeting in September.
- Please ask all interested members to sign up for News and Updates
Two Minute Shares for Comments
- Documenting the GSA Phone Bridge safety policy and procedures.
- Result: small committee will work on rewriting based on shares during this meeting.
Announced: Next Intergroup Meeting will be October 8, 2017 5-6pm ET.
Closed at 6:15 pm with the Responsibility Pledge & the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer.
“I am responsible…when anyone, anywhere, reaches out for help I want the hand of GSA always to be there. And for that – I am responsible.”